Sometimes I hear things in podcasts that make me want to go off on a rant. Stuff that's not hard to fix before hitting “record” but difficult (if not impossible) to fix during the editing process.
Today I'm going to share a quick checklist of ONLY 8 items that will set up up for success and make your podcast editor (even if it's you) want to give you a hug. This isn't a long, exhaustive list of EVERYTHING that could go wrong. It's a list of things to check to fix what seems to pop up most commonly in podcasts.
If you just check these 8 things before you record EVERY TIME, you'll consistently get a better recording, be able to focus better, and be able to produce your show faster. And you won't get overwhelmed by a LONG list that'll make you feel like a failure.
Grab the free download: http://toptieraudio.com/recordingchecklistdownload
- Get some water
- Gather any resources you may need
- Restart your computer / device
- Close any apps & browser windows you don't need
- Plug in your mic and headphones
- Test to make sure everything is working properly
- Close all doors & windows
- Turn off things that make noise or create distractions
Grab the free download to get an additional list of 6 common noise makers and distractions to check: http://toptieraudio.com/recordingchecklistdownload
- Enter your email address for email updates
- Download and print checklist
- Put it where you can use it EVERY time you record your podcast
Subscribe for free!
Make sure you never miss an episode of 1,000 Podcasters. Subscribe for free to have episode delivered to your favorite podcast app as soon as it’s available.