Podcasting is both a creative and a technical medium. It’s creative in that we CREATE content. But it’s also technical in that there are a lot of little things to do.
Because of that, there’s also a LOT of jargon. I know that when I got started, there was still a pretty steep learning curve. And I’d already been involved in music and audio production.
There were so many new terms to learn. Not to mention that there were best practices and little tips here and there that i needed to pick up.
Today I’m going to talk about 5 common terms in podcasting that confuse a lot of people but we’re going to use them in relation to podcasting only.
Are there any podcasting or audio production terms that have you stumped? Leave a comment in the episode notes.
- Full episode notes: https://toptieraudio.com/71
- What is a decibel, and how is it measured?
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Why It Matters
- What is LUFS and Why Should I Care?
- Add a Mastertrack
- How the Master Track Can Improve and Streamline Your Podcast Workflow
- 30 Day Solo Podcast Challenge
- National Podcast Post Month
- Subscribe to this show
Subscribe for Free!
Make sure you never miss an episode of 1,000 Podcasters. Subscribe for free to have each episode delivered right to your favorite podcast app as soon as it's available.