“What’s the best podcast microphone?” is asked so often that it’s almost a meme in the various podcasting groups on Facebook. And the similar question, “What software should I use?” could be a meme all its own.
However, they’re still valid questions.
Today I’m sharing the tools I use in my workflow as a podcaster and as a podcaster. Since I’m in the studio and this show is just me, I’ll focus on that.
Listen to discover:
- What microphone I use
- What interface I’m using
- My headphones and headphone amp
- What speakers I’m using
- What software I use to edit
- How I remove mouth clicks, popping Ps, and what the EQ and compression do to my voice
- Some of my favorite stand-alone programs and plugins
What about you?
What are your favorite tools for podcasting or editing? Hit me up in the comments (https://toptieraudio.com/82).
- Full Episode Notes: https://toptieraudio.com/82
- Re-Pop Pop Filter
- Electro-Voice RE320 (commission)
- Auray SSM-BC10 (commission)
- Auray BAI-2X
- Rolls MS111 (commission)
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 (commission)
- Hindenburg Journalist Pro
- iZotope RX7 Advanced
- iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced (new version is 9)
- Scheps Omni Channel
- Vocal Rider
- AKG HP12U (commission)
- Audio Technica ATH-M30 (commission)
- Alesis M1 Active MK3 (commission)
- Subscribe to 1,000 Podcasters
- Support the show
Subscribe for Free!
Make sure you never miss an episode of 1,000 Podcasters. Subscribe for free to have each episode delivered right to your favorite podcast app as soon as it's available.